Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Waiting on the Edge of a Knife

My step-mother is ill. Her liver failed almost a year ago due to Hep-C and medications. They destroyed her liver completely. I'm not sure if she's on the waitlist for a new one or not, I believe she is. But, she is now in the ICU and "it doesn't look good."

I'm not entirely sure what that means. But I also can't seem to get an answer either. My dad isn't calling me to tell me what's going on. So I assume "no news is good news." But I don't know. And I hate not knowing. It makes things even more stressful.

And stressful is what my life is right now. No money, no prospect of money coming in. Not very happy. Hubby isn't working, not looking for work and I think he is also severely depressed (yay, right). I've convinced him to go see the family doctor to see if we can at least get a little bit extra for another disabled individual (even if temporary). It's not going to bring in what we need, but it's something.

Money again, since loving hubby FORGOT to file his tax return (which I did up for him), we had no child tax benefit in Aug. We also didn't get it in Sept either. His return is being "reviewed" and won't be done until at least November! But, at least these people told me to contact CRA CTB to have them do estimates. I wish I knew that weeks ago so we could have gotten our CTB this past month.

Oh well. Upside of the last week! UPSIDE!!!!

Three very lovely ladies sent us some gift cards to Sobeys that helped us get food to make it to our payment. Thank the Gods and Goddesses. You ladies are wonderful.

1 comments:

jStar said...

No news is good news; you gotta let go of what you can't control and stay positive that she'll make it through. Hugs and good vibes coming from this side of the country!

When I took Witchcraft at university (heheh clever marketing for Anthropology of Religion, yes?) there was something about just vocalizing your needs and desires that brings them closer to you. Just talking about it might have someone give you a good tip to get some extra funds!

Stay strong <3